Provider ToolboxThis toolbox is for health care providers in Williamson County, TX and is designed to provide a one-stop-shop for the latest health alerts and disease reporting information in the county.
Acute Flaccid Myelitis (AFM):
- WCCHD Zika Intro Presentation
- Williamson County Fight the Bite Program
- Texas DSHS Zika Information - www.texaszika.org
- CDC Zika Information
- Disease Reporting
- Additional Disease Reporting Resources for more information including forms to report positive TB screening, varicella and STIs, Guidelines and Tools for Outbreak Response and Laws and Regulations.
- Chagas disease has been reportable in Texas since 2013. View a brief summary of Chagas disease with links at the end for additional information. The last link in the document is a CDC online course on Chagas disease. Continuing medical education credits are available.
The Texas Public Health Information Network (PHIN) is an online portal containing a collection of applications which provide users with a range of functions to carry out public health preparedness goals and duties. Click here for a tutorial on registering and navigating the PHIN, and here for Health Alert Network (HAN) training.
WCCHD receives medications from DSHS to treat patients for M. tuberculosis and sexually transmitted infections. These medications are provided at no cost to the client, including the administration of the medication. A fee may apply for the associated visit.
- Medications for TB include: rifamipin, isoniazid, rifapentine, ethambutol, pyrazinamide, and pyridoxine
- Medications for STIs include: azithromycin, doxycycline, ceftriaxone, and penicillin G
- TB screening – Tspot $65 each, and PPD $20 each. CXRs can be obtained as needed (fee will apply)
- LTBI clients are treated at no charge including related lab work and medication
- Clients suspected of having TB are evaluated which includes history, sputum AFBs and culture, and repeat CXR if required
- Active TB clients are treated at no charge including related lab work and medication
Sexually Transmitted Infections
STI clients may be referred for treatment at no charge if client has a copy of labs and medication is available for treatment. Partner treatment is also available. A full STI visit with evaluation and testing is $60. See public health center services for details.
- Medical Director/Health Authority - Lori Palazzo, MD 512-943-3600
- Contact Us