Well Women ExamThe Well Woman visit focuses on preventive health. The exam will include a clinical breast exam and a pelvic exam, in which a clinician checks for any masses or abnormalities. This is also the time to discuss birth control and general health screening needs, such as cholesterol and diabetes testing.
Additional areas that may be addressed include exercise, healthy eating, tobacco, alcohol, drugs, sexual activity, cervical cancer screening, breast cancer screening, colorectal cancer screening and STI screening.
Some women may be eligible for the Healthy Texas Women Program. Call the Williamson County Healthcare Helpline at 512-248-3252 to find out if you are eligible.
Additional services may include:
- Pregnancy testing, STI testing and treatment, cholesterol testing, diabetes testing
- Referral for mammograms
- Prescription for oral birth-control pills
- Any woman 18 and older
- Basic health exam + birth control counseling: $15
- Basic well woman exam + pap smear for women under 30 years old: $90
- Basic well woman exam + pap smear + HPV for women over 30 years old: $120
- Pregnancy screening: $25
More information on Well Woman Exams from Health.gov