Flu Vaccine Cost: $0.00 - while supplies last. Open to the public, aged 6 months and older.
See Locations and Hours for WCCHD clinic locations, phone numbers, and hours of service. We recommend that you make an appointment.
- When you get vaccinated you help protect those around you at risk for severe illness and who may not be eligible to receive flu vaccine
- Flu vaccine does not cause flu-like symptoms
- The flu shot provides protection in about two weeks
- High-dose flu vaccine is available for individuals age 65 and older. It contains four times as much antigen as the regular flu shot and affords seniors a greater antibody response
- No vaccine is 100% effective. Although you may still get the flu after being vaccinated you are less likely to have severe symptoms and complications from the illness
DSHS recommends everyone six months old and older get vaccinated. People should talk to their health care provider about the best type of flu vaccine for them.
People are urged to follow standard illness-prevention steps:
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water or alcohol-based hand sanitizer;
- Cover coughs and sneezes;
- Stay home if sick