Report a Notifiable Condition
What to Report
Notifiable disease conditions required by Texas Health and Safety Code (Chapters 81, 84, and 87) can be found at www.dshs.texas.gov/idcu/investigation/conditions. Outbreaks or any unusual occurrence of a condition/disease should be reported, even if it is not on the List of Notifiable Conditions.
To report a notifiable condition (suspected or confirmed), or a public health emergency:
Normal Business Hours (Mon - Fri 8am - 5pm):
- Call 512-943-3660 to report any condition or communicable disease event to WCCHD
- Fax the Notifiable Disease Reporting Form to 512-248-3267 - NEW NUMBER effective 04-18-18
After Business Hours:
- Call 512-864-8345 to report all immediately notifiable conditions during non-business hours
Additional Disease Reporting Forms
Laws and Regulations
- Read more about disease reporting in the Texas Health and Safety Code in Chapter 81 Communicable Disease, then 81.041 Reportable Diseases.
- Read more about rules in the Texas Administrative Code, Title 25, Part 1, Chapter 97 governing control measures and reporting of communicable diseases.
- See Additional Disease Reporting Resources for more information including Guidelines and Tools for Outbreak Response.