Public Health Centers & WIC
512-248-3252 - or -
Se Habla Español
WIC and Community Nutrition
After Hours Emergency Contact
Public Health Center Services
Please call individual offices for appointments or further information about WCCHD services. Charges vary according to the service provided, however, services are not denied if unable to pay (except for STI/STD testing or pre-participation physicals). Some services require eligibility screening.
Public Health Center Services:
- Immunizations: Providing vaccines for infants, children, and adults. Tdap vaccination available for parents, grandparents, siblings, and extended family members to protect infants against pertussis infection (whooping cough). Fees or insurance co-payments may be required. For fastest service, bring client’s current immunization record
- Flu shots: Providing flu vaccine for infants, children, and adults. Nasal FluMist may be available. Fees or insurance co-payments may be required. For fastest service, bring client’s current immunization record
- Sexually Transmitted Infections: Confidential testing, treatment and counseling available for chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, and HIV/AIDS. Fees or insurance co-payments may be required. Vaccination available for Human Papilloma Virus for ages 9-26
- Pregnancy: Confidential testing, counseling and prenatal vitamins available. Please bring proof of pregnancy or laboratory results for counseling/vitamins, or test will be performed at clinic. Fees or insurance co-payment may be required
- Tuberculosis: Confidential testing, counseling and treatment available. Blood testing (recommended) or skin testing (requires return appointment) are available. Fees or insurance co-payment may be required
- Pre-Participation Physicals: Providing pre-employment, foster care, sports, orchestra/band, camp and other pre-participation physicals by appointment only for children or adults. Cost is $20, and is not covered by insurance. NOTE: This is not a well-child check-up. Children should receive an annual well-child check by their primary care provider/physician
- Administrative: Copies of laboratory results, immunization records, etc. are available Monday - Thursday 7:30 am - 5:30 pm and Fridays 7:30 am - 4:30 pm. Call ahead for faster service.
Routine medical or emergency care is NOT provided at the health center sites. If you do not have health insurance and need help to find a primary care physician, please call the location closest to you.
- A parent or legal guardian must accompany minor children (less than 18 yrs. old) for immunizations or or pre-participation physicals
- Back-to-School time is very busy for immunizations. We will only be able to accommodate the number of patients our schedule safely allows. Please call ahead for an appointment.
- Tuberculosis (TB) skin tests must be read 48-72 hours after administration, therefore, TB skin tests are done on Mondays and Tuesdays, by appointment only. Blood testing for tuberculosis is also available by appointment and a follow-up appointment is not needed.
Public Health Center Locations and Hours