Internship and Volunteer OpportunitiesThe Williamson County and Cities Health District (WCCHD) offers a variety of public health internships, practicums, and volunteer experiences. As an intern or volunteer, you will gain real-life experience on the job, learn from professionals, and contribute to the health and well-being of the community in which you serve.
We offer hands-on experience with projects that will allow you to apply what you have learned in school, gain experience quickly, build your resume, and serve your community.
Students can request placement with WCCHD by completing the Internship Application. The application serves as the starting point for the placement process. Students should submit the application verifying the time-period and internship in which they have interest.
As a participant in the WCCHD internship program, students must:
- Be enrolled in an approved college or university
- Be in good standing with the college or university
- Agree to abide by WCCHD policies and procedures
- Adhere to WCCHD security procedures
- Authorize their college or university and WCCHD to exchange information related to their school records, application, performance as an intern, and other relevant information
- WCCHD requires a completed Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) with all schools and/or programs before students can begin their internship with our agency. This process can take up to six weeks. Please keep this in mind as you apply. If your school does not have a current contract with WCCHD, please contact the staff person listed on the position posting to request a tentative placement.
WCCHD seeks individuals who will work closely with the Markrting and Community Engagement team and the WilCo Wellness Alliance (WWA) Coalition to assist with community health and chronic disease prevention projects that vary in timeframe and scale. The purpose of this internship is not only to help improve the health of Williamson County, but also to provide the intern with valuable knowledge and experiences that assist in their educational and career aspirations. [Full Description]
Interested students can apply by completing the Internship Application and emailing it to the address on the description.