Connect With Us
Internship & Volunteer OpportunitiesThe Williamson County and Cities Health District (WCCHD) offers a variety of public health internships, practicums, and volunteer experiences. As an intern or volunteer, you will gain real-life experience on the job, learn from professionals, and contribute to the health and well-being of the community in which you serve.
We offer hands-on experience with projects that will allow you to apply what you have learned in school, gain experience quickly, build your resume, and serve your community.
Students can request placement with WCCHD by completing the Internship Application. The application serves as the starting point for the placement process. Students should submit the application verifying the time-period and internship in which they have interest.
View Current Internship Positions
As a participant in the WCCHD internship program, students must:
- Be enrolled in an approved college or university
- Be in good standing with the college or university
- Agree to abide by WCCHD policies and procedures
- Adhere to WCCHD security procedures
- Authorize their college or university and WCCHD to exchange information related to their school records, application, performance as an intern, and other relevant information
- WCCHD requires a completed Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) with all schools and/or programs before students can begin their internship with our agency. This process can take up to six weeks. Please keep this in mind as you apply. If your school does not have a current contract with WCCHD, please contact the staff person listed on the position posting to request a tentative placement.
Application Notification Timelines
Spring Session – application materials encouraged by November 1 of the preceding year.
Summer Session – application materials encouraged by April 1 of that year.
Fall Session – application materials encouraged by July 1 of that year.
Medical Reserve Corps