Internship and Volunteer Opportunities
The Williamson County and Cities Health District (WCCHD) offers a variety of public health internships, practicums, and volunteer experiences. As an intern or volunteer, you will gain real-life experience on the job, learn from professionals, and contribute to the health and well-being of the community in which you serve.
We offer hands-on experience with projects that will allow you to apply what you have learned in school, gain experience quickly, build your resume, and serve your community.
Students can apply for posted internship openings by completing the Internship Application. There are currently no open internship positions.
As a participant in the WCCHD internship program, students must:
- Be currently enrolled in an approved college or university
- Be in good standing with the college or university
- Agree to abide by WCCHD policies and procedures
- Adhere to WCCHD security procedures
- Authorize their college or university advisor and WCCHD to exchange information related to their school records, application, performance as an intern, and other relevant information
- WCCHD requires a completed Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) with all schools and/or programs before students can begin their internship with our agency. This process can take up to six weeks. Please keep this in mind as you apply. If your school does not have a current contract with WCCHD, please contact the staff person listed on the position posting to request a tentative placement.