As a participant in the WCCHD internship program, students must:
- Be currently enrolled in an approved college or university
- Be in good standing with the college or university
- Agree to abide by WCCHD policies and procedures
- Adhere to WCCHD security procedures
- Authorize their college or university advisor and WCCHD to exchange information related to their school records, application, performance as an intern, and other relevant information
- WCCHD requires a completed Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) with all schools and/or programs before students can begin their internship
Williamson County and Cities Health District (WCCHD) seeks an individual to support the Emergency Preparedness Program and Medical Reserve Corps (MRC). This individual will be responsible for helping to build and maintain an inventory system to assist with managing inventory, compiling, and incorporating information from the after-action review (AAR) into a final report and supporting all other emergency response activities. In addition, this individual will review and propose edits to policies and procedures related to emergency preparedness and response. Finally, this individual will also be responsible for assisting the MRC coordinator with administrative duties as they pertain to managing the volunteer on-boarding process.
Public Health Internship - Marketing/Community Engagement (Spring 2021)
Williamson County and Cities Health District (WCCHD) seeks individuals who will work closely with the MarCom team and the Healthy Williamson County (HWC) coalition to assist with HWC coalition projects and work related to the 2020-2022 Williamson County Community Health Improvement Plan (CHIP). The purpose of this internship is not only to help improve the health of Williamson County, but also to provide the intern with valuable knowledge and experiences that assist in their educational and career aspirations.
Workforce Development Intern
The Workforce Development Intern supports the engagement and recruitment of WCCHD employees and public health student interests. View full internship description.
Volunteer with WilcoMRC
The Williamson County Medical Reserve Corps (WilcoMRC) is a team of trained volunteers which is headquartered within the Williamson County and Cities Health District (WCCHD). The mission of the WilcoMRC is to help protect and promote the health and safety of the people of Williamson County during times of public health emergencies.